SoulLightCreative is a culmination of my business experience over the past 25 years. I’ve focused my skills and passion on a variety of businesses and lifestyle adventures. Each business I pursue adds to my toolbox of skills. I have created, acquired, owned and sold a variety of businesses and products. My skill set includes; product development, branding, manufacturing, patents, magazine publishing, commercial printing, commercial investment real estate (CCIM, SIOR), sustainable real estate development, accounting, web design, database design, commercial photography, minimal workflow solutions, team management and international licensing,
My business and life history is varied and diverse by choice. I believe with the right team and passion anything can be achieved if fueled with vision, passion and determination. I look for opportunities with creative people who know the difference between “working hard” and “hard work”. My background allows me to step into many different business roles and environments.
By design, my office is mobile. Although much of my business is done in the world of tall office buildings with people wearing ties, I have learned from experience, my creativity thrives with a couple laptops, bikes, surfboards and camera gear surrounding me at all times.
Professional History | Resume
- Bachelor Finance University Missouri | MSU 1993
- Partner Guru Golf (1990-1994) | Developed and marketed “The Putting Zone” a patented electronic golf product. Sold in mail order catalogs and retail stores such as Hammacher Schlemmer and The Shaper Image.
- Vice President RB Murray Company (1991-1998) | Commercial Real Estate Investment Sales. Developed and managed offices in new markets. Built and managed accounting systems for property management. Designed and Developed web based, in-house database management system/websites for client and property management. Brokerage work specializing in i entertainment properties, income properties and national retail tenant representation. Clients: McDonalds, Bank of America, Lawrence Welk Properties, Mercantile Bank, Conoco Phillips, Cox Health Systems.
- Partner & Owner: Crested Butte Printing & Publishing (1998-2002) | Sold to CPC Solutions | Commercial Printing and Publishing. Business operations, accounting management, publication management for in-house design, editorial, printing, publishing for company owned magazines. Clients: Aspen Ski Company, Crested Butte Mountain Resort, Telluride Mountain Resort, Cordillera Development, Vail Ski Company, Telluride Real Estate, Steamboat Mountain Resort.
- Executive Vice President RB Murray Company (2003-2009) | Institutional brokerage work, national “big-box” retail development/consulting, investment brokerage and sustainable development. Developed the first “green” LEED certified office park in the midwest TerraGreenOffice.com. Clients: Simon Properties, General Growth, Commerce Bank, Brinker International, Cormac Development, ATT, Best Buy, Lowe’s, TMobile.
Current Businesses | Projects:
- Owner|Partner: GameSpheres . GameSpheres.com develops and publishes “behind the scenes” books authored by Nolan North, “the voice of gaming”. The companies first book, Uncharted: Drake’s Journal was published November, 2011 under licensing agreements with Sony US and Sony Europe.
- Owner|Developer: TerraGreen Office Park. The first and largest sustainable office park in the midwest. TerraGreenOffice.com
- Development Partner: PictureGroup. Business development and expansion of the consumer products division. PictureGroup.com
- Development Partner: Bill Mayer Saddles. Aftermarket motorcycle saddle, bicycle saddle and accessory company. New product development, patent development, marketing, branding and website design. BillMayerSaddles.com
- Development Partner: PositiveParenting.com. Design, marketing and eCommerce management for online parenting education.
- EpicEveryDay.com: Created 1/1/2012 | Non profit with one goal: To inspire people to do what they love. | Stay motivated with the EpicEveryDay project. Now Tweeting. Follow.
Life is Art | Rob Murray