Why an aftermarket motorcycle seat?
Let’s back up a bit here. In order to understand why aftermarket motorcycle seats (also known as motorcycle saddles) are necessary in the first place, it helps to know how the Original Equipment from the Manufacturer (OEM) seats are designed. In general, there are two things make the OEM seat inferior to the design of the BMS motorcycle seats:
- The foam form has insufficient density to sustain the rider for any length of time. Over a long ride, the foam compresses and at some point starts to feel as if you are riding on the pan. And THAT doesn’t make for a comfortable ride.
- The seats are generally designed at an angle which has the rider finding that he or she keeps sliding into the tank. The resulting discomfort (and you know what I’m talking about) can make you miserable and can only be overcome by pushing yourself back from the tank. And THAT, over time, will cause unnecessary fatigue.
Now, these situations vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, and rider to rider. But if you are experiencing any of the above, we at BMS can help you.
How can I get the Best Seat for me?
- Riding posture
- Miles ridden per day
- Reach to the ground (seat height)
- Riding style (typical riding distance)
- Passenger Height
- Passenger Weight
- Type of motorcycle
- Photograph(s) of you and your motorcycle
BMS requires photographs of you and your bike in order to get a better visual feel for how to fabricate the new seat to your exact specifications. This information is provided by completing and submitting the BMS Rider Specification Form.
What kind of motorcycle seats do you build?
BMS can build a motorcycle seat for almost any kind of motorcycle or scooter. BMS will install new or retain existing heating filaments for your seat as you desire.
Our aftermarket motorcycle seats can be seen on:
- Aprilia Motorcycles
- BMW Motorcycles
- Ducati Motorcycles
- Harley Davidson Motorcycles
- Honda Motorcycles
- Kawasaki Motorcycles
- KTM Motorcycles
- Moto Guzzi Motorcycles
- Suzuki Motorcycles
- Triumph Motorcycles
- Yamaha Motorcycles
What makes us different?
What's the history of BMS?
In 1990 with 5 years to work on New Bill Mayer ideas he opened Bill Mayer Saddles “BMS” with new technology, in 1998 he formed a partnership with his oldest son Bill “Rocky” Mayer III. Inspired by greatness Rocky and his amazingly talented staff continue the legacy.
How long will a my BMS seat last?
How do I care for my BMS?
If you want to see how we make our saddles check out this video of team BMS customizing a BMW GS 1150 and BMW GS 1200 Triple Black: